Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wild, Wild horses...couldn't drag me away.



"Around 11:30?

The snow is falling...and in nice form. This is a perfect snowflake, resting on my rabbit fur hat."

It is again a winter night. The snow should start really dumping around midnight. Ahh the joys of living in New England. The snow brings excitement, and an urge to be out in the elements. Being out in the elements is like home to me. Since I could walk, my father distilled the outdoors inside of me, this is somthing I plan to pass on. My emotions about the wilderness is well known within my family. When I say "my family", I mean "ours". For christ sake, its not "mine". Everyone contributes to the family's way of life. (My fucking "Y" key doesn't work too well on m laptop, I appoligize for any words missing a "Y"....damn computers.)



As I flip on "Salt Dog" by Flogging Molly from my iTunes, my thoughts go to a brother...Wick, feel better man, we all hope for a speedy recovery. The dorm longs for your Irish mumblings, and the "funk" just aint right without ya'.



The impending storm looms outside the dorm walls. It's fine, my sences told me about the storm first thing this morning "red sky in morning-sailors warning". Dont know where I first heard it, but I live by the saying; constantly checking the phrase in my head when I see the sun rise or set. At about 7 a.m., the sky was a purple pink..storm's comin'. Why...I have no clue, but the old saying hasn't failed me yet.



Let's try something...? Bill and I....possibly Freedman, will be going on a walk through the height of the storm. This post will contain a before and after account of the walk. Currently, the storm has given only about an inch, and thats stretching it. At 11:10 P.M., this little bitch of a New England disturbance hasn't shaken any resident. Lets see what she has for us; Mother Nature is more powerful than any weapon, and should never be doubted. I will mark the time when we leave, and make a remark upon our return to the dorm.

12:30 A.M.- We depart. Bill, Freedman and I head out into a storm ridden Central.


1:45 a.m.- My report on the walk:
Just wait. Stay tuned...









No comments: