Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This Morning

At 5:45, my alarm went off. Waffles, I need energy quick. After a quick mental survey of the situation, my decision is to dose back off into a hazy mist of half sleep. My alarm rings again...7:00 a.m.; in a blink of an eye, an hour passes. Whatever the phenomena be, I needed to pick up Bill by 7:15 in Central. Morning traffic would prove to be a snobby bitch, and the law enforcement was out in full force. Driving into Bill's parking spot, in the driveway behind his house, my phone reads 7:15 . Out of the unit closest to the driveway entrance, Bill comes out of the door next to the garage. He's about 5 feet, 5 inches, wears a nice collared winter coat with a grey hoodie under it..hood on, over his Polo winter hat. In his right hand he holds his backpack, while the left closes and locks the back door to his house; the man is constantly on the move, ready for the day ahead.
The ride was slightly long in fact, winding through Central with the sounds of Opie and Anthony making us think and have logical, un-biased discussions about the topic that day. We were very critical on the topic this morning, "the pregnant man"...thats a whole different argument. Arriving to the O'Keefe lot in my over a decade old Jeep Cherokee Sport is more invigorating than ever before. The breaks need fluid, and my hand always rests on the top of the "E -Break" level in my center console. I'm in the process of getting fluid, but the days are just too short.
Upon arriving to school, Bill's class was canceled. So, my waking up early (I had no class until 10:00a.m.) just got us to Salem for nothing; in the literal sense...the ride always serves its purpose. So, we turned around, and headed back to Central..class wasn't till 10:00, right?

No comments: